What is the "Basic Security in the Field" CDRom Course?
· The Basic Security in the Field training is a computor-based, interactive and certified programme designed to meet basic overall security awareness and simple strategies to improve the safety and well being for all UN personnel
· The Basic Security in the Field Course is a mandatory requirement for all UNOPS personnel.
· The Basic Security in the Field Course is a prerequisite for all personnel undertaking mission travel where an offical Security Clearance is required.
Who has to take the course?
· All personnel of UNOPS in HQ, regional and field must complete the course,. This includes 100, 200, 300 Series Staff, SSA and SC holders, interns, and any other individuals who have UNOPS contracts.
· UNOPS personnel cannot travel on mission to a country with a designated security phase without passing the course and subsequently requesting offical security clearance.
· All newly recruited personnel must complete the course as a condition of employment with 7 working days of recruitement
· Individuals who do not have subscribed UNOPS contracts, but who travel under a UNOPS travel authorization (TA) must successfully complete the course
· Give a copy of your certificate to your HR Associate or HR/Admin Associate who will place it in your personnel file.